Nobody has approached me to play for Nigeria- Barcelona's Boluwatife Balogun

Barcelona youngster, Boluwatife Balogun has revealed that the Nigeria Football authority has done nothing to ensure that he commits his international career to the country.

Balogun, who has been with the Catalans youth team for over two years now has multiple citizenship, and could decide to play for either of Holland or France, if Nigeria fails to approach him.

The 18-year old midfielder backed the Manu Garba-led Flying Eagles to have a good run at the forthcoming African Youth Championship in Senegal, adding that they will qualify for the world cup later in the year.

“Not at all, nobody has approached me to play for Nigeria”, Yes and there has been a lot of pressure from Holland and France”.

Barcelona La Masia Academy attacking midfielder revealed that he had once been invited for Nigeria's national U-17 team but I didn't come to camp due to injuries.
“If I get any call now, I will honour it because I want to serve my fatherland, if I'm invited,'' Boluwatife Balogun said

The 18-year old was born to a Nigerian father but his mom is French and I have a Dutch passport, which also makes him eligible to represent both Holland and France.

The Nigerian-born player revealed that he wishes to play for the country’s U-20 team that will be going to Senegal in a bid to conquer Africa, as well as the world this year.

He further disclosed that if Nigeria fails to approach him in time that he might commit himself to the Netherlands national team due to their equally great footballing style and tradition.

“If I don’t play for Nigeria, I will like to play for Holland because they are a great foot balling country” Balogun explained.

When asked about life in Barcelona, he revealed that everyone is a family at the La Masia Academy, but also revealed that he is working hard to break into the Barcelona’s main team soon.

He also stated that he would like to end his career at the club due to their fantastic playing style, and the records they have achieved in the last decade.

“There is no racism there, we all are one big family in this place”, I love barcelona and i will want to stay here but you can't tell the future”

“I am not in Barcelona B but I do get features at times, in football it’s either you win, draw or lose.

Balogun says he won’t say anything about football administration and its problems in Nigeria, most especially the Super Eagles.
Nobody has approached me to play for Nigeria- Barcelona's Boluwatife Balogun Nobody has approached me to play for Nigeria- Barcelona's Boluwatife Balogun Reviewed by Unknown on 12:33:00 Rating: 5

No comments: