Mourinho Backs His Players To Insult Journalist

Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho, has backed his players performance despite being knocked out of the League Cup by Stoke City, going down 5-4 in a penalty shoot-out at the Britannia Stadium.

Jonathan Walters put the Mark Hughes' side ahead with a stunning strike but Loic Remy came from the bench to buy more
time for the cup's defending champions with a stoppage time equaliser and Stoke saw Phil Bardsley sent off.

However, the Potters' held on to take the tie to penalties, prevailing 5-4 after Eden Hazard missed the crucial kick, but Mourinho defended his players after yet another defeat.

"What the players did tonight is face some people that write and speak, and said: 'You are stupid'," he told reporters.

"What some people write and say is really bad for the players. Maybe they think my players are like them when they were players. My players don't do that, they tried everything.

"If anyone saw the second half the other day, playing with 10 men the way they did, it's a lack of respect for the players."

Mourinho also insisted he was not downhearted despite being knocked out of the competition with the Blues now set for another tough test on Saturday when they take on Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

"We played so well. This first half could finish the game at half-time. Then second half, goal, and they keep going," he explained. "I told TV last year we won here 2-0. We didn't play 25% of what we did today.

"A few months ago I won a few matches and I was champion. People were saying there are things more important than results," he added. "Now, people say results are the most important thing. It's a contradiction

"It's difficult. It's more difficult when you play bad and lose than play well and lose. We go with sadness but a positive feeling." goal
Mourinho Backs His Players To Insult Journalist Mourinho Backs His Players To Insult Journalist Reviewed by Unknown on 07:50:00 Rating: 5

No comments: