Manchester City youngster, Kelechi Iheanacho has revealed that his mum is the motivation behind his success.
The 19-year old forward helped manchester City beat Crystal Palace 5-1 after scoring one goal and bagging two assists to his name on the night.
The 2013 FIFA U17 world cup most valuable player has now been invited for the first time by the Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh, after an initial snub in the list released earlier on Thursday.
Iheanacho has now scored two goals for City in competitive games against Palace- first in their EPL clash where the Nigerian scored the only goal and the other in City's 5-1 win in the Capital One cup fourth round last Wednesday.
"I have two brothers and a sister back in Nigeria as well. Everything I do, I do for my mum and my family - that's what drives me."
"My dad is back home and I'm living on my own in Manchester at the moment."
"But I think a lot of kids back home have been encouraged by what's happened to me and by where I am today. They can't believe what I've achieved at 19 and it gives them belief that they can make it too."
Nigeria will play Swaziland both home and away in 2018 FIFA world cup qualifiers on 13 and 17 November.
My Mum Is My Driving Force; Kelechi Iheanacho Reveals
Reviewed by Unknown
on
13:29:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
13:29:00
Rating:

No comments: