Dream Team VI forward, Taiwo Awoniyi, has said that he was grateful to coach Samson Siasia for giving him the opportunity to be a part of the national team that qualify Nigeria for the 2016 Olympics in Brazil.
Nigeria picked one of the three tickets to Brazil on Wednesday after edging the host country, Senegal out in one of the two semi
finals with a lone goal by Oghenekaro Etebo in the 76th minute of the clash.
Awoniyi, who's currently on loan at Frankfurt in Germany did not play against Senegal but admits that this feat was possible with the help of God and the immense experience of the coach of the team.
"I'm very happy. We as a team are super delighted at making this happen for our country," Awoniyi told Goal.
"I'm personally feeling great being part of the team achieving this amazing feat. It's God and the great coaching we got from our technical crew led by coach Samson Siasia.
"Once again, I'm greatful to God for the opportunity and must appreciate Nigerians for their support and prayers.
"I must also thank the coach for the opportunity to be part of the achievement and I promise Nigerians that we will come out stronger in the final," he concluded.
Nigeria will face Algeria, who defeated their South Africa 2-0, in the final on Saturday, December 12 at the Léopold-Sédar-Senghor Stadium.
The winner between South Africa and hosts Senegal in the third place match of the tournament will fill the final African spot for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Nigeria joins hosts Brazil, Algeria, Honduras, Mexico, Argentina, Fiji, Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Sweden to complete the 11 countries that have qualified for the 16-team event. Goal
Siasia's Great Coaching Ability Helped Us Qualify For 2016 Olympics- Awoniyi
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:59:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
10:59:00
Rating:

No comments: