Watford FC manager, Quique Sanchez Flores, has showered encomiums on his players for their consistent performance in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday.
The Hornets defeated Nottingham Forest 1-0 courtesy of Super Eagles' Odion Ighalo's 88th minute
strike, which propelled the English Premier League side to the next round of the competition.
strike, which propelled the English Premier League side to the next round of the competition.
The coach also acknowledge the fans for their continuous support, adding that the FA Cup means a lot in the English football, adding that they will play every game like a final.
"We played with a very good personality since the beginning. We tried to play football, we tried to calm things down a little bit and we had control with the ball," Flores told Hornets PlayerHD.
"It was very important to keep the ball and to focus on the transitions, and I think we had control. I am happy with the players and I am happy for the fans, because we are through to the next round."
He added: "We respect this competition a lot, it is a very historic competition in England.
"The fans, of course, are dreaming with the idea to do something. Step-by-step, little-by-little, we are through to the next round but it is impossible to know what will happen, so we just try to be happy."
Not just satisfied with Watford's successful navigation through the Fourth Round stage, Flores also asserted his pleasure at the displays of those first-team squad members who gained important match minutes this afternoon.
"I am happy with the players who normally are not playing but had the possibility to play today and to show that they are ready," he said.
"We know they are ready to play. Sometimes these players don't play just because I can't use 14 players, but they are training well, they are happy and for us it is very good motivation to know they are ready.
"This is very good news. I am happy that we can transmit energy and a very good soul."
Watford Manager Excited Over FA Cup 5th Round Promotion
Reviewed by Unknown
on
21:41:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
21:41:00
Rating:

No comments: