Kasimpasa’s Kenneth Omeruo dreams of playing in this summer's Rio Olympic Games has come to an sudden end after his team's doctor insisted he must rest for him to fully recover.
The 2013 African Cup of Nations winner while reacting to the news said he was disappointed he would be missing such a great opportunity to represent Nigeria at the Olympics in Brazil.
Nigeria remains the first African country to win gold at the men's football event of the games, and the Nigeria U23 team are geared up to re-enact the performance of Dream Team I in Brazil this August.
"I feel sad about it as it was another good opportunity for me to represent my country," Omeruo told BBC Sport."
"The doctor insists I need rest to start next season without injury."
"It is disappointing and frustrating to say the least. I'd be lying if I said I would not want to be out there playing."
"But at the same time I need to be fully fit to be at my best and I have no doubt that the squad will do great in Brazil."
"I would also like to thank the coach [Siasia] for even considering me in the first place,” he concluded.
Nigeria will begin their quest for a gold medal against Japan on August 4 at the Amazônia Arena, Manaus before facing Colombia and Sweden in Group B.
Kenneth Omeruo's Olympics Dream Ends Abruptly
Reviewed by Unknown
on
18:25:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
18:25:00
Rating:

No comments: