After losing to Novak Djokovic last Sunday in the recently concluded Madrid Open, world number three, Andy Murray has fired his coach, Amelie Mauresmo.
The 28-year old Briton who recently relinquished his second position to Roger Federer on the ATP
rankings released on Monday, 9th May ended his two years relationship with Mauresmo, whom he said he "learnt a lot" from., adding that they "mutually agreed" to end their partnership.
"Dedicating enough time along with the travel has been a challenge," twice Grand Slam champion Mauresmo added.
Murray won seven titles during his two-year partnership with the Australian and Wimbledon Open champion since June 2014.
In a joint statement, Murray added: "She's been a calming influence in the team and we will all miss having her around.
"I'll take some time to consider the next steps and how we progress from here, but I'd like to thank her for everything she has done. She's been an invaluable member of the team."
Frenchwoman Mauresmo, 36, added: "Working with Andy over the last two years has been a fantastic experience for me.
"I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of the great team of people he has around him. I wish him and the team well and I hope he goes on to win many more titles."
Murray - who lost his number two ranking to Roger Federer after his defeat by Novak Djokovic in the Madrid Open final on Sunday - was previously coached by former world number one Ivan Lendl, under whom he won the 2012 US Open and 2013 Wimbledon.
The Scot was the first leading male player to employ a female coach, saying at the time of the appointment: "I've always had a strong female influence in my career and that's something I needed right now." BBC
The 28-year old Briton who recently relinquished his second position to Roger Federer on the ATP
rankings released on Monday, 9th May ended his two years relationship with Mauresmo, whom he said he "learnt a lot" from., adding that they "mutually agreed" to end their partnership.
"Dedicating enough time along with the travel has been a challenge," twice Grand Slam champion Mauresmo added.
Murray won seven titles during his two-year partnership with the Australian and Wimbledon Open champion since June 2014.
In a joint statement, Murray added: "She's been a calming influence in the team and we will all miss having her around.
"I'll take some time to consider the next steps and how we progress from here, but I'd like to thank her for everything she has done. She's been an invaluable member of the team."
Frenchwoman Mauresmo, 36, added: "Working with Andy over the last two years has been a fantastic experience for me.
"I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of the great team of people he has around him. I wish him and the team well and I hope he goes on to win many more titles."
Murray - who lost his number two ranking to Roger Federer after his defeat by Novak Djokovic in the Madrid Open final on Sunday - was previously coached by former world number one Ivan Lendl, under whom he won the 2012 US Open and 2013 Wimbledon.
The Scot was the first leading male player to employ a female coach, saying at the time of the appointment: "I've always had a strong female influence in my career and that's something I needed right now." BBC
Andy Murray Part Ways With Amelie Mauresmo
Reviewed by Unknown
on
14:30:00
Rating:
No comments: