"I'm Happy With My Boys Despite Rivers United Defeat"- Akwa United Manager

Akwa United coach, Daboere Dokubo, has said hailed the performance of the Promise Keepers despite losing 1-0 to Rivers United in their Nigeria Professional Football League match day 18 fixture.

Dokubo's men conceded the only goal that separated the two teams in the fourth minute of the game, courtesy of Bernard Ovoke, and he said that apart from not converting their chances, the boys did well in Port Harcourt on Wednesday.

The win lifts Rivers United up to second on the NPFL standings with 31 points from 18 matches,
while Akwa drop to seventh with 27 points from 18 matches, and they will be travelling to Lobi for their last game of the first stanza on Sunday.

"We were not able to (take) the chances that came our way but they were able to take that early chance that they had," Akwa coach Dokubo.

"That was the difference today. Apart from that, I am happy with my boys even though we lost."

His opposite number at Rivers United, Stanley Eguma, admitted his team did not play well despite claiming all three points.

"We lost a lot of balls in midfield today and that allowed our opponents to put us under a lot pressure," he reviewed.

"The reason for this was that our players still have not recovered from the exertions of our previous game against Abia Warriors (in Umuahia on Sunday) which a very difficult game."

"However, it is important to win games like this and I am pleased we did it," he said.

The NPFL transfer window will open from the 23rd of May, to end on the 3rd of June, before the league kicks off its second stanza of the season. Africanfootball
"I'm Happy With My Boys Despite Rivers United Defeat"- Akwa United Manager "I'm Happy With My Boys Despite Rivers United Defeat"- Akwa United Manager Reviewed by Unknown on 10:45:00 Rating: 5

No comments: