Enyimba coach, Paul Aigbogun, has insisted that he’s happy with current squad despite playing a goalless draw against MFM FC, who are new to the Nigeria Professional Football League.
Aigbogun, who led Enyimba to the group stage of the CAF champions league after ousting Etoile du
Sahel on penalties also said that his side is not planning to do business when the midseason transfer window open.
Sahel on penalties also said that his side is not planning to do business when the midseason transfer window open.
"We have a good squad so it's not like we are desperate to sign anybody in the transfer market, but obviously we will assess the team at that point and see if there any addition needed but I'm happy with the squad right now."
On whether Enyimba underrated the Olukoya Boys, Aigbogun said: "No, I think this is the first match, those were friendly games and friendly games are not about winning, and we didn't underrate them, how can we underrate any team in the league? Every team is a big team in the league."
"We brought in 15 new players at the beginning and myself, who's a new coach at the club would take the team time to gel."
"If you look at their results, they are doing well and if you look at the game today, they had the opportunity to score."
"I mean obviously, we had a chance to score and we didn't take it, but he has scored for us on many occasion, and even best legs in the world miss opportunities. I think what we have to look at is that he got a chance and he didn't convert it, but I'm sure in the next game he will make up for it."
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Theophilus Afelokhai also insisted that the game was satisfactory, saying: "no I was not disappointed."
Paul Aigbogun Reacts To Enyimba’s Goalless Draw Against MFM
Reviewed by Unknown
on
11:24:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
11:24:00
Rating:

No comments: