Bayern Munich head coach, Pep Guardiola, has commended Diego Simeone and his team for their performance at the Alianz Arena on Tuesday night, which helped them progress to the final of the champions league for the second time in three years.
The German bundesliga side won the game 2-1, but the Spanish league side progressed to the final on an away goal rule, after both legs had ended 2-2.
Guardiola, who won the champions league title with Barcelona twice in his four year reign at the club is set to join Manchester City this summer, with the aim of surpassing the records of coach Manuel Pellegrini when he arrives.
"Congratulations to Atlético. It was a good game, I'm sure everyone all over Europe will have enjoyed it. We did everything we could, and I'm proud of my players. I'm sad for them, but I'm happy with how we played today and I'm proud of my team. This club has a bright future."
"We're not German champions yet – we still need a point. Hopefully we can get that on Saturday. Today everyone – me, the players and the fans – is sad but my players can still be proud of what they've done this season."
"I've been happy to work here, because of these players. The new coach can be happy to work with these guys. Of course I wanted to win the Champions League with Bayern and I tried my best to do that – I've given my life for this team."
"I'm proud of us. We played very well in the second half in Madrid, and in the match here tonight. We played very well against Juventus, against Benfica and against Atlético – with all that I can sleep quite well."
"Of course it was my aim to win this competition here – we tried our best and played as well as we could. But I'm happy with my time here – I've enjoyed it here. We wanted to win the cup but it doesn't change my time here. Titles are just statistics. I can just tell you that I gave everything for my players. I worked hard to adapt to the Bundesliga and make my players better. I have no regrets."
The German bundesliga side won the game 2-1, but the Spanish league side progressed to the final on an away goal rule, after both legs had ended 2-2.
Guardiola, who won the champions league title with Barcelona twice in his four year reign at the club is set to join Manchester City this summer, with the aim of surpassing the records of coach Manuel Pellegrini when he arrives.
"Congratulations to Atlético. It was a good game, I'm sure everyone all over Europe will have enjoyed it. We did everything we could, and I'm proud of my players. I'm sad for them, but I'm happy with how we played today and I'm proud of my team. This club has a bright future."
"We're not German champions yet – we still need a point. Hopefully we can get that on Saturday. Today everyone – me, the players and the fans – is sad but my players can still be proud of what they've done this season."
"I've been happy to work here, because of these players. The new coach can be happy to work with these guys. Of course I wanted to win the Champions League with Bayern and I tried my best to do that – I've given my life for this team."
"I'm proud of us. We played very well in the second half in Madrid, and in the match here tonight. We played very well against Juventus, against Benfica and against Atlético – with all that I can sleep quite well."
"Of course it was my aim to win this competition here – we tried our best and played as well as we could. But I'm happy with my time here – I've enjoyed it here. We wanted to win the cup but it doesn't change my time here. Titles are just statistics. I can just tell you that I gave everything for my players. I worked hard to adapt to the Bundesliga and make my players better. I have no regrets."
Pep Guardiola Reacts To Bayern Champions League Ouster
Reviewed by Unknown
on
00:05:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
00:05:00
Rating:

No comments: