Kalusha Bwalya Mourns Stephen Keshi

Zambia Football Association president, Kalusha Bwalya, has expressed shock at the news of late Stephen Keshi's death.

The former Zambian national team coach, who played against Keshi in the African Cup of Nations in 1994 said the news of his late friend saddened him, describing former Super Eagles coach as a family oriented person.

Keshi, is the one of the two Africans to have lifted the Afcon title as a player and then as a coach, and also on both occasions represented Nigeria at the FIFA world cup in 1994 and 2014 respectively.

"I’m very saddened and shocked at my good brother Stephen Keshi’s passing," Bwalya told PowerSport on Wednesday morning.

"When the news came out this [Wednesday] morning, I couldn’t believe it and I had confirm to make sure. It was something sudden and just a few days ago I was talking about Stephen Keshi. What a true gentlemen he was for what he achieved as player and coach."

"He was a funny guy and a leader but didn’t impose himself on people but people who spoke to him walked away thinking ‘I have spoken to a real man’. Stephen was a big man of Africa and the world so my sincere condolences to his family."

"He was a family man and they moved to San Francisco I think in 1994 and in my time when I went to play in Mexico for Club America, often we would go play in the United States and Keshi would come to LA and visit me. He was a family man who was very proud of his [late] wife and kids," Bwalya continued.

Both Bwalya and Keshi played their club football in Belgium in the mid to late 1980's with the former Chipolopolo captain plying his trade at Cercle Brugge. Keshi played for Lokeren and Anderlecht in the Belgian Pro League. 
Kalusha Bwalya Mourns Stephen Keshi Kalusha Bwalya Mourns Stephen Keshi Reviewed by Unknown on 12:13:00 Rating: 5

No comments: