"I'm Sure I Can Qualify Nigeria For World Cup"- Salisu Yusuf

Super Eagles interim coach, Salisu Yusuf, has insisted that he's capable of qualifying Nigeria for the 2018 world cup in Russia.

Yusuf, who had assisted the last three coaches in charge of the country's national team took charge of the last two friendly games against Mali and Luxembourg, which Nigeria won, and the former Kano Pillars gaffer believes his experience can help Nigeria go past a difficult qualifying group that has Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia.

The former Enyimba head coach also revealed that the bond that he has built with the players in that
short period will help his team scale the hurdles of Group B, which is considered the group of death by many after the draws.

Nigeria will be gunning for her sixth world cup appearances, but will have to cross the hurdles of beating the best team in Africa, Algeria, the 2012 champions, Zambia and one of the strongest teams- Cameroon.

"I am sure that I can qualify Nigeria to the next World Cup that is why I said I'm ready for the job," the former Enyimba and Kano Pillars coach maintained.

"I have a good relationship with the players right from when I was the assistant to Stephen Keshi and I believe we can continue to have a good working relationship built on trust and respect with me as head coach.”

He added that: "No doubt, we have found ourselves in a very tough qualifying group, but I am also positive we can win this group with the right preparation, support and attitude."

"We must first and foremost believe in ourselves. If we don’t, we could as well stay out of the qualifiers."

"My contacts in Europe have already supplied me recent tapes of matches involving all our group opponents and I have already begun to study them and take down vital notes."

"This is a Nigeria project and we must all come together to surmount this challenge." AfricanFootball
"I'm Sure I Can Qualify Nigeria For World Cup"- Salisu Yusuf "I'm Sure I Can Qualify Nigeria For World Cup"- Salisu Yusuf Reviewed by Unknown on 06:49:00 Rating: 5

No comments: