Raineri Confident Riyad Mahrez Will Stay With Leicester Next Season

Claudio Ranieri has insisted that his Algerian star winger, Riyad Mahrez, will stick with Leicester City manager next season despite interest from Arsenal and the likes.

Mahrez, who scored a superb goal at Parkhead with a fine dribble and curled shot into the far corner, impressing Foxes captain Wes Morgan, was instrumental to the Foxes triumph in the Premier League last season where they crowned champions.

The PFA Player of the season last campaign was said to have agreed a deal with the Emirate stadium side, but the coach has said he's "confident" Mahrez won't be going anywhere this season.

"I'm confident, of course," Ranieri said, when asked if he believed Mahrez would stay.

"We know very well there are other teams who must win the Premier League. We just have to defend it.

"I changed him at last because I said 'okay, his job is done, it's better to avoid injury.'

"I'm very happy, we have a very good dressing room. The players who came in are very good."

"That's what he's all about, he can score something out of nothing," said Morgan. "He did that today, it was a great goal and his performance was good today."

Ranieri's side ultimately needed penalties on the day, but he praised his side's performance in their first of three International Champions Cup matches, which will also include dates with Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.

"I'm super happy, we played against a team ahead of us [in preparation] and I didn't see a difference," he said. "We're on the right way for our fitness, our preparation.

"We were so concentrated, had good shape, I'm very happy. Now we have to think about international matches -- Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain play in different styles.

"My players have come back with the same mentality."

The Italian tactician is not losing sleep to defend the title he won last season, as he has brought some additions to the King Power stadium, including Nigerian international, Ahmed Musa, who joined the club on a record fee of about 16 million pounds.  ESPN
Raineri Confident Riyad Mahrez Will Stay With Leicester Next Season Raineri Confident Riyad Mahrez Will Stay With Leicester Next Season Reviewed by Unknown on 07:47:00 Rating: 5

No comments: