I Would Not Have Left Bayern For Any Other Club But Manchester United- Bastian Schweinsteiger

Germany international, Bastian Schweinsteiger has revealed that leaving Bayern Munich for Manchester United was a tough decision he had to take, adding that the Reds are the only team he could have left Bayern Munich for.

The 30-year old midfielder signed a three-year contract worth £12 million with the 20-time English Premier League champions, thus calling time on his 17-year spell at the Allianz Arena.

Schweinsteiger on completing his deal with the Reds penned an open letter to Bayern’s supporters at the weekend, expressing his desire to pursue “one last dream”.

The 30-year-old has expressed his delight at completing his move and the prospect of working with Louis van Gaal again, having previously played under the Dutchman at Bayern.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayern Munich, it has been an incredible journey and I didn’t take the decision to leave lightly," he told the club's official website.

"Manchester United is the only club that I would have left Munich for. I feel ready for this new and exciting challenge in what I regard as the most competitive league in the world and I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal again.

"I will never forget my time at Bayern Munich and I would like to thank everyone at the club and the fans for the great memories."

Schweinsteiger won eight Bundesliga titles at Bayern, along with seven DFB-Pokals and a Champions League, and Van Gaal has hailed the midfielder as the "ultimate professional".

 "Bastian is, of course, no stranger to me. I worked with him during my time at Bayern Munich and I am truly delighted he is joining Manchester United," he added.

"His record speaks for itself; he has won every honour at club level and was a major part of the successful Germany World Cup-winning team last summer.

"There is no doubting his talent and his ability to control games. He brings a wealth of experience and is an excellent addition to our squad." Goal
I Would Not Have Left Bayern For Any Other Club But Manchester United- Bastian Schweinsteiger I Would Not Have Left Bayern For Any Other Club But Manchester United- Bastian Schweinsteiger Reviewed by Unknown on 23:19:00 Rating: 5

No comments: