Messi's Rivalry Drives Me To Do More- Cristiano Ronaldo

Real Madrid star, Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted that he gets disappointed when he loses to his Barcelona rival, Lionel Messi, saying he's human and he's expected to react whenever he fails.

Ronaldo is the current ballon d'Or title oldder, after beating the Argentina star to the individual award January this year, but with the feat the 27-year achieved this past season, it's most impossible for Ronaldo to be able to hold him off.

Both players have shared the last seven edition of the awards between themselves, with Messi winning four out of the seven consecutively.

"I'm always disappointed when I lose, it's normal. I'm not a fake person. I'm not going to hide it when I feel disappointed. But I'm not complaining because I've won three times, I never thought I would win one Golden Ball, so to win three is great, gives me great motivation to work hard and achieve more.

"I want more and more. I still have many years to play football, and I want to win more things. Messi is an unbelievable player and maybe it pushes me more, harder to be better and better.

"But the people who know me, know I'm always like that, I try to be the best professional in my job, I try to be the best all the time. Sometimes it's not possible because we are human beings, we are not machines. But in my mind I'm the best and I work like the best."
"I would put him at the top, I always say that. He's a good coach, he did many good things and won many trophies for other clubs," Ronaldo said. "My coach is now (Rafael) Benitez and I'm comfortable we are going to win many things together."

While Ronaldo and Messi reign supreme as the world's best, the Madrid player still keeps an eye on the next generation of emerging stars. He regards Real team-mate Martin Odegaard, Chelsea's Eden Hazard, Manchester United's Memphis Depay, Paul Pogba of Juventus and Barcelona's Neymar as the most exciting talents to follow.

"You see many players with potential. I will mention Odegaard of Madrid for example, at 16 he's still young but you can see he's a very good player," Ronaldo added. "Hazard for example, the number seven of Manchester Depay is a good player too, Pogba and maybe Neymar."
Messi's Rivalry Drives Me To Do More- Cristiano Ronaldo Messi's Rivalry Drives Me To Do More- Cristiano Ronaldo Reviewed by Unknown on 06:00:00 Rating: 5

No comments: