Transfer Update: Chelsea doesn't want Cuadrado- Jose Mourinho

Tomiwa Babalola

Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho has debunked rumours linking the current Premier League leaders of landing Fiorentina winger, Juan Cuadrado during the January transfer window.

Mourinho, had earlier claimed that his side are not willing to buy or sell any player except if the pay is good admitted that the Blues are willing to activate the £26.8 million release clause of the Colombian only if Mohamed Salah or Andre Schurrle depart Stamford Bridge this month.

But while Mourinho refused to guarantee that the out-of-favour duo will stay at Chelsea, he insisted Cuadrado was not a current target.

"There are no men marked [to come in]," he told reporters when specifically asked about a move for the 26-year-old.

"He's a Fiorentina player. You ask me 20 names, if I don't know them, trouble. My son knows them! It's my job.

"I think he fits well in the Fiorentina squad, and the Colombia squad, not in the Chelsea squad."

Asked if Schurrle and Salah would definitely be staying, he said: "I cannot say that. Window is open. I like them, I need them, I trust them.

"Salah is selected for tomorrow [versus Bradford]. Schurrle is the same. Selected for tomorrow."

When pressed on Schurrle's situation, Mourinho responded: "The principle is we would like him to stay... the question is to have a phenomenal offer and player super keen to go." Goal
Transfer Update: Chelsea doesn't want Cuadrado- Jose Mourinho Transfer Update: Chelsea doesn't want Cuadrado- Jose Mourinho Reviewed by Unknown on 08:52:00 Rating: 5

No comments: