Ameobi happy to be back in the EPL

Babalola Tomiwa


Super Eagles and Crystal Palace striker, Shola Ameobi has expressed excitement after joining Crystal Palace  to rekindle his relationship with his former boss, Alan Pardew.

The Nigerian international worked along with Alan Pardew at the St. James park before quitting the club for China said that he was keen to get back to the EPL.

According to him, it was a major factor given the fact that other big clubs were interested in signing him but maintains that he remains happy to be part of the team.

“I’m very excited to be here; obviously I wanted to get back in the premier league having worked with the manager before, he’s been great for me and hopefully we’ll avoid relegation”

“I had a couple of clubs interested but again I looked at my relationship with Alan and how much I enjoyed working with him, certainly it was one of the big factors”

Ameobi spent 14 years at Newcastle United, where he received a winner’s medal in 2010  when Newcastle lifted the Championship trophy.

He holds the record for the most appearances as a substitute in the Premier League. On leaving Newcastle in 2014, he briefly represented Gaziantep BB in Turkey before joining Crystal Palace. footballlive
Ameobi happy to be back in the EPL Ameobi happy to be back in the EPL Reviewed by Unknown on 16:45:00 Rating: 5

No comments: