Sunday Oliseh says he's not interested in coaching Nigeria

Tomiwa Babalola

A member of the 1996 Olympics Gold medalist, Sunday Oliseh has revealed he is not interested in becoming the manager of the Super Eagles.

Oliseh, who scored two goals in his 54 appearance for the nation's national team has been linked with the Eagles job, since the 2013 African best coach's contract is yet to be renewed.

The 40-year-old last appeared for Nigeria in the 1998 FIFA world cup in France after which he turned Football Analyst and motivational speaker.

The former Ajax Amsterdam agrees that he possess the qualifications to become the Eagles coach but he's not willing to make himself available.

However, the AFCON 1994 winner explained that need to fulfill other ambitions and the pressure that comes with the job of the Super Eagles hot seat makes any interest in the position less appealing.

"So many people have been asking me , why don’t you go and Coach the Super Eagles? I want to live long”


"In as much as I know I’m very much qualified for it, I love my Country and the proof of this abounds, but I’ll rather share my experience and allow my thoughts and knowledge reach a vast majority.” footballlive
Sunday Oliseh says he's not interested in coaching Nigeria Sunday Oliseh says he's not interested in coaching Nigeria Reviewed by Unknown on 13:42:00 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I trust he has his reasons but at the same time, has really done anything or coached any club before considering on entrusting our national team on him... the team needs tested hands.......

    ReplyDelete