Borrusia Dortmund forward, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, has backed his former coach, Jurgen Klopp for this year's UEFA Europa league title.
Liverpool came from behind to stun the German bundesliga side to progress on a 5-4 aggregate to the semi finals of the UEFA second tier championship.
Aubameyang admits he still hasn’t recovered from the pain of losing the tie, but has still lavished Liverpool with praise and tipped them to go on and win the tournament.
“Even now I can’t believe it,” said Aubameyang. “It’s unbelievable. But we knew Liverpool could do this.
“For sure I think Jurgen Klopp was a factor. When we played in Dortmund, everyone was speaking about him and he knows us.
“After 3-1 I don’t think we thought ‘okay, now we can keep calm’, but I think we were a little bit too deep in our own half. Normally we’d have done more pressing and it would have been good.
“Liverpool have something special. Klopp has brought this energy. They can win every time, and even when they’re losing they can come back.
“They have something special I think, and they can win the Europa League for sure.”
Liverpool will face Villarreal in Spain on Thursday for the first leg of their semifinal tie. Africanfootball
Aubameyang Backs Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool For Europa League Title
Reviewed by Unknown
on
09:30:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
09:30:00
Rating:

No comments: