Super Eagles interim coach, Salisu Yusuf, has vowed to use the next two friendly games against Mali and Luxembourg improve Nigeria's status on the next FIFA Ranking coming out in May.
Salisu was appointed by the Nigeria Football Federation as the interim manager for the national team, while he gets assistants from Imama Amapakabor and Kennedy Boboye before a substantial coach is hired by the federation.
"I’m delighted to be appointed to head the team for the two friendlies against Mali and Luxembourg," Yusuf said.
"It’s always a honour working and coaching the national side and I believe that we will do well in the friendly games."
"I have capable assistants who will be of immense help to me and I also spent time in Scotland to update my knowledge of the game which I believe will help me on the job."
"The two friendly matches are important to us and I believe we will do well so as to improve on our standings on the Fifa rankings." he added
Nigeria reached the second round at the last Fifa World Cup in Brazil losing 2-0 to France and will look to make the trip to Russia in 2018 after missing out on Gabon 2017. supersport
Salisu Yusuf Wants To Improve Nigeria's FIFA Ranking
Reviewed by Unknown
on
08:33:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
08:33:00
Rating:
No comments: