Real Madrid are through to the final of the UEFA champions league on Wednesday night, after edging the last English premier league side standing, Manchester City 1-0 at the Santiago Bernabau, the Galacticos believed they deserved the victory, thereby reacting to the victory.
Ronaldo also says that two spanish team making the champions league final in the last two years shows the quality of the league.
First to react was Cristiano Ronaldo, saying: "It was a busy game. The team did well, we controlled the game and had more opportunities. We could have killed the game with a second goal and 1-0 is a small result but it is sufficient. We are in the final, which was our aim. We knew we needed to score and in the first game in Manchester we deserved to. Today as well, we were the better team and it is fair that we are in the final."
"It is a final. We are facing Atletico again and I'm happy. This shows the quality of La Liga. I am very happy to be in the final and we still have a chance in La Liga."
"Zidane is doing a fine job. He is helping us and we are happy with his work. I admire him as a coach and as a person, and I hope that he stays with us. We have always been with him. He is a humble person, he likes to learn and listen to the players and it is very easy in this sense."
"Thank you for all the support you have given us, it was really important. See you at the final and ¡hala Madrid!."
"In the press there were doubts whether I would recuperate. This was not the case, I worked hard and recovered well. As Zidane said, I was back to 100%."
Marcelo: "We are going into the end of the seasson strong."
"In the Champions League there is always a lot of tension, they are tough games. In every competition we play in, we try to do the best we can. It is difficult because they are tough competitions, but we are in the Champions League final and we have a very difficult game ahead of us. We are going into the end of season strong."
"You can see when the whole team are fighting. Today we worked hard, we defended and played a great game. There are no favourites in the final. Atletico have shown what it is to be a big team and they have our full respect. We are focussed on La Liga already because we can't relax for a second: we will fight to the last"
Jesé: "We deserve to win something big"
"Last time I wasn't in the final and now I have the good fortune and opportunity to be there and help the team. This year we deserve to win something and I'm happy. All madridistas want to win the Champions League and important things and now we have the opportunity. It is the product of months of work and in the final we have to fight till the last."
"Unity is the most important thing to achieve that. We also have to thank the fans for how they were today. The unity between the team and the fans is unbreakable. We have to give 200% to win it. It is a final and both Atletico and ourselves are big teams. It will go to a big team and hopefully it will be us. We are one big family and together we can achieve great things."
Modric: "I am proud of the team and the fans."
"It was a spectacular night. I am happy and proud to be in the final, both for the team and the fans. They were incredible today and helped us in tough moments. When you look at the two knockout ties you can see we deserve to be in the final."
"It's two years since we played them in the final and we know how difficult it was. We can expect the same kind of game and hopefully the same result. Now we have two La Liga games to prepare for and then we can think about the final."
Carvajal: "The fans were spectacular"
"It is a Champions League semi final and we knew it wouldn't be easy. We could have killed the game off earlier but the good news is that we will be in the final in Milan. The fans were spectacular, they stepped up tonight and we have to thank them for their help. I hope it will be the same in the final and that we can win our eleventh European Cup."
"It was tough. City deserved to be in the semi-finals, but looking back on both legs, we are deserving winners. It was warm out there today and both teams felt it. We were breathing heavy by the end, but we had some chances to have put the tie to bed earlier on."
"It'll be another derby, and that's good for Spanish football and for the Community of Madrid. One of the key factors behind us reaching the final is the fact that we didn't concede. I recall in the Décima year that we conceded very few goals at home and that helped us greatly. Both Atlético and ourselves deserve to be champions, but I hope that it goes in our favour."
Kroos: "We deserved to get through"
"We created more goal scoring opportunities in the second half, that's true both of the game in Manchester and this one, but today we didn't get the second goal and we had a tough time of things. In any event, we deserved to go through. They didn't create any chances in 180 minutes."
"We know that the final against Atlético will be tough. They performed well against Barcelona and Bayern, but we've got more quality and we've got to go out and show that we're the better side. There is no favourite, it's 50-50. I'm not surprised that Atlético are in the final."
Real Madrid's Reactions After Beating Manchester City 1-0
Reviewed by Unknown
on
06:59:00
Rating:
No comments: