MFM's Fidelis Ilechukwu has expressed excitement after his side completed a brace over visiting Nasarawa United at the Agege Township stadium on Wednesday.
The Olukoya boys are currently 6th on the Nigeria Professional Football League log with 30 points
from 19 games, after beating the Solid Miners both home and away their debut season in the Nigerian topflight.
The first leg of the encounter ended 2-1 in favour of MFM and the second leg ended 2-0, with Sikiru Olatunbosun grabbing the two goals in the first 45 minutes of the game.
"I'm very very happy, we are happy. Not only me, the fans and the entire management as well, so we are happy about that."
"But we are tired, it was as if we were tired in the second half because one of our best players is is not okay, but i'm tried to psych him up for the game because he's very important to the team, and Onuwa as well, that is part of what happened in the second half. I don't think its the rest but mental preparation."
"I'm not worried, its all about gradual process. There is no perfect human beings anywhere, i think it is all about encouraging them, they really need encouragement and that's what we are doing."
"I really don't understand what is happening to our keeper, but I didn't substitute him because I was afraid I didn't know what might happen eventually if I did, but i'm not really happy about his game, it's all about encouragement as well."
"We have a lot issues in that left back but now we don't have any substitute, I don't know about our players in the national team, i'm waiting to hear any news about them because I don't know if they can drop the players, that is what i'm just waiting for."
"No no no, I can never be, but its football and with their performance I don't know what's going to happen because i keep on following about the national team coach dropping six players, but if he don't make it, who knows if the needs to close for him to get to where he's going, taking this or taking that."
Ilechukwu said that the visitors are a great team, adding that he was glad to have beaten one of the top sides convincingly, after many had criticized his side that they've been unable to beat a top side in the league.
When he was asked about new players, he said the club has already signed players, but they are waiting for their next home games before introducing a couple of them.
"Great team, people are saying MFM has never beaten a big team, and we have done it today because even Nasarawa United are stronger than some other teams we've not beaten on our home ground, but in all, they are a good team and great players."
"We have new players on ground already, we are just waiting for our next home game to field one the few strikers."
"I use to tell people that we learn all the time, we will be going to Enugu to learn, we are not fighting for top four, it is those that are fighting for it will have problem, so I'm not even thinking about it. Our target this season to ensure MFM stay in the league."
Fidelis Ilechukwu Reacts To MFM's 2-0 Win Over Nasarawa United
Reviewed by Unknown
on
14:55:00
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
14:55:00
Rating:

No comments: