Imama Amapakabo Celebrates 50 Games In Charge With Wolves 2-1 Win

Rangers International head coach, Imama Amapakabo, celebrated his 50th game in charge of the Flying Antelopes with a 2-1 home win against the Sea Siders, Warri Wolves on Friday night in Enugu.

 Amapakabor, who assisted Salisu Yusuf to prosecute Nigeria's last two friendly games against Mali and Luxembourg said he was happy his side hot all three points in the game which has shot them to the second position of the Nigeria Professional Football league log.

The six-time NPFL champions have now accumulated 39 points from 23 games so far this season, hoping they would return to the summit of the log they relinquished few weeks back.

Obinna Nwobodo gave the home team the lead in the 6th minute of the game while Godwin Aguda converted a spot kick to double Imama's Rangers in the 39th minute, before Zinte Udeh pulled one back, but it wasn't enough to stop his side from their first defeat in the last four games.

"Firstly, I wanted the whole three points at stake in the clash against Warri Wolves and I’m glad we got it as well as hitting the second spot on the log."

"It was a keenly contested encounter for both sides I think the teams gave good account of themselves."

"However, we have to do more work on the concentration of players as we conceded cheeky goal in the clash," said the former Sharks coach to supersport

"I’m looking forward to the summit clash at leaders, Wikki Tourists, I cannot wait for the matchday as it will be entertaining and interesting as well," said Amapakabo.

The former youth shot stopper said it is great the wonderful opportunity he provided for the former Giwa FC forward, Ocheme Edo to express himself in the clash.

"I wanted him to have a feel of the game, it’s assuring and good for him and I believe he must have enjoyed the moment while it lasted," said the former Enyimba coach.

The hard fought win against Wolves has pushed the Flying Antelopes to the second spot on the log on 39 points two behind leaders, Wikki Tourists.
Imama Amapakabo Celebrates 50 Games In Charge With Wolves 2-1 Win Imama Amapakabo Celebrates 50 Games In Charge With Wolves 2-1 Win Reviewed by Unknown on 01:27:00 Rating: 5

No comments: