Changing Fron Goalkeeping To Striking Is My Best Decision- Ahmed Musa

Super Eagles assistant captain, Ahmed Musa, has disclosed that he has never regretted his decision to switch from goalkeeping to playing as a striker.

The Leicester City record signing, who joined the Premier League side from CSKA Moscow in a £16.5 million deal said his football career as a goalkeeper at the age of ten.

The 2013 African Cup of Nations winner added that a lot of people tried to stop him due to his petit stature, and he said that he will always be happy he went through with that decision.

The 23 year old, whom his new coach described as a 'jet', also said that he can't wait to partner with England's Jamie Vardy, who got 24 goals last season.

"I was a goalie between 10 and 12," he revealed.

"But changing was the best decision of my life because I would never have been good enough to become a professional goalkeeper.

"It was difficult at first but then you get used to the fact you are not very big. A lot of people used to tell me ‘Musa, you are too small to be a striker."

"But I said: 'It doesn’t matter what size you are, it’s what you can do that matters’.
“I think I am like Jamie Vardy. I have speed, I like to work hard, we are similar in lots of things."

"Am I faster? I can’t say yet, I have never played with him. But I am looking forward to finding out!

"I’m looking forward to playing with Vardy. I like his style. I think we can fit well together."

"I think this is the right time for me to join Leicester. Last season, they were going after the title."

"This time we are starting afresh -– that’s why I chose to join them this season.
"I’m from Nigeria and all Nigerian players would like to play in the Premier League. I think this will be a good league for me."

Musa also admits he has been stunned by the Leicester work ethic in pre-season training.

"When I started my first session I was thinking 'wow'," said Musa.

"Because I have never seen that in Russia -– but now I am getting used to it. The intensity here is quite different to Russia. Here it is a little bit harder, in Russia they are more laid back."

"I think that is the most difficult thing, but I think that is the secret behind Leicester's success."

"Everyone is focussed and everyone is happy with each other. That's the biggest secret -– if you’re all happy with each other you can achieve a lot." Supersport

Changing Fron Goalkeeping To Striking Is My Best Decision- Ahmed Musa
Changing Fron Goalkeeping To Striking Is My Best Decision- Ahmed Musa Changing Fron Goalkeeping To Striking Is My Best Decision- Ahmed Musa Reviewed by Unknown on 13:33:00 Rating: 5

No comments: