Nigeria's Aniekeme Alphonsus Blame Fatigue On Her Poor Finish

Commonwealth Youth Games Silver medallist, Aniekeme Alphonsus, has said that she was disappointed she could not make it to the semi finals of the ongoing Junior World Championship in Poland.

The Akwa Ibom-born Athlete finished 5th with a time of 11.85 seconds in the Day 2 of the 100m women's heat.

The 18-year old athlete also  blamed fatigue for her poor finish after spending almost two days on the road and missing the day one of the event due to late departure from Nigeria.

Alphonsus, who did not make it to the semi finals of the 100m heat came to the competition with the seventh fastest time in the rankings (11.34s).

"I don’t really know because this is not the result I wanted, maybe it is because I spent two days on the road."

"Well, we arrived here yesterday, we had to spend two days on the road and I think that’s what is making me to run like this."

"Yes, I’ve represented Nigeria in the world youth championship and African junior championship, and in most of the competitions, I ran well but I don’t really know what happened on this one."

"I don’t really know yet but I will just wait for their decision."

"If I get a chance to the next stage, I think I need to work on my start and my finish."
Nigeria's Aniekeme Alphonsus Blame Fatigue On Her Poor Finish Nigeria's Aniekeme Alphonsus Blame Fatigue On Her Poor Finish Reviewed by Unknown on 17:13:00 Rating: 5

No comments: