Nigeria's Anthony Ujah Quits Bremen For Chinese' Liaoning Whowin

Super Eagles' Anthony Ujah has completed his move to a Chinese Super League side Liaoning Whowin from German Bundesliga side, Werder Bremen.

The 25-year-old spent just one season with Bremen after joining them from a fellow bundesliga side, Koln, and scored 11 goals in 32 Bundesliga outings last season.

The club confirmed on their website on Tuesday that the two teams had agreed a fee for the attacker, although business manager Frank Baumann insisted that the club were keen on keeping hold of the Super Eagles hitman.

"It was not really our intention to let Tony go, because he was supposed to play an important role for Werder in the upcoming season," Baumann told Werder.de.

"However, a few days ago he made known his intentions known to accept the offer from China," he added.

"Eventually we managed to find a mutually satisfactory solution, so we had his request approved,"

Ujah joins former Bremen defender and Democratic Republic of Congo international Assani Lukimya-Mulongoti at Liaoning.

"The decision was hard," Ujah wrote on his Instagram account. "I’ve gained a lot at the club in the last year."

"I have fond memories of the city, the club and especially the supporters," he added, "but I got an offer from Liaoning which I couldn’t refuse."

"I am happy that I could do my part to help Werder avoid relegation at the end of last season and I wish the club all the best."
Nigeria's Anthony Ujah Quits Bremen For Chinese' Liaoning Whowin Nigeria's Anthony Ujah Quits Bremen For Chinese' Liaoning Whowin Reviewed by Unknown on 09:32:00 Rating: 5

No comments: