Jose Mourinho made me "mad with his criticisms- Karim Benzema

Tomiwa Babalola

France and Real Madrid striker, Karim Benzema, has revealed that Jose Mourinho’s comments about him during his side at Real Madrid made him "mad”.

The 27-year old striker explained that the former manager’s comments made him work harder to become the player he is today.

Mourinho joined Madrid from Inter Milan in the summer of 2010 and left to rejoin the Stamford Bridge side in 2013.

Benzema joined the Spanish giants the year before Mourinho, but it was only after the Portuguese had arrived at the Santiago Bernabeu that Benzema developed into a potent goalscorer, notably thanks to the barbed tongue of his manager.

He scored just eight goals in his first La Liga season before netting 15 and then 21 in Mourinho's first two terms in charge.

"I have had criticism ever since I signed for Real Madrid,"Benzema said. "I really think it's something that has happened since I came to Real where I cannot make a bad pass or have a bad game.

"At the start, it hurt me, but I am used to it now. It affects my family more. I knew that I was being criticised, that Mourinho criticised me, but it was his way of making me react.

"Actually, after that, I became mad, I worked as much as I could. Now, I come in before everyone else, I have treatment, I go to the gym, and I'm the last to leave after training."espn
Jose Mourinho made me "mad with his criticisms- Karim Benzema Jose Mourinho made me "mad with his criticisms- Karim Benzema Reviewed by Unknown on 15:40:00 Rating: 5

No comments: